- 5 Easy to Implement Conversion Rate Optimisation TipsPosted 3 days ago
- SEO Keyword Goal – Attract Customers NOT VisitorsPosted 86 days ago
- How To Add Amazon Affiliate Links Into a WordPress PostPosted 483 days ago
- Grabbing Those Extra Affiliate Sales – Earn Extra Money OnlinePosted 484 days ago
- How I Make Money Online With Worpdress Websites – Part 2Posted 519 days ago
- How I Make Money Online with WordPress WebsitesPosted 691 days ago
- Clickbank Affiliate Products that Provide Recurring IncomePosted 806 days ago
- How to Make Money Online in 2013?Posted 843 days ago
- Find a Product in Clickbank and Create an Affiliate HoplinkPosted 1218 days ago
Add Google Analytics Code to Your WordPress Website
In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to add Google Analytics code to your WordPress website. It is an absolute necessary task to perform for a Webmaster that is serious about making a successful website. It is all about the numbers and statistics when it comes to developing a website. You need to know what is successful and what is not.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free tool that Google provides for Webmasters that allows them to view detailed statistics about their website. To use Google Analytics you simply have to add the Google Analytics code to your website. This is invisible code and is only inserted for tracking purposes. Here’s how to find your Google Analytics code. Google will provide such statistics as:
- Detailed information about your website visitors.
- Keywords people have used to get to your website. Here’s how to find keywords to target.
- AdSense statistics.
- Advanced settings which will track conversions and sales.
- And loads of more valuable information.
Google Analytics is so detailed that I cannot even explain how many things it could possibly do for you. One being that it is good for is to check your website bounce rate on Google Analytics. It is amazing how far it goes into analysing your website statistics. I recently wrote a post about how you can find the highest paying keywords for AdSense on your website. This fact alone amazed me, as it was not only telling me what keywords were used to find my website, it was telling me how much these keywords made me money-wise.
Will the Google Analytics code be seen on my website?
You do not have to worry about the code being seen on your website because it is an invisible tracking code. If it does appear on your website, this can mean that you have not copied the code correctly. Sometimes it is necessary to copy the code from the Google Analytics website and then paste it into a notepad before pasting it into your website. If you have pasted the code correctly it does not show up on your website.
How to insert the Google Analytics code into HTML website?
If you have built your website using HTML code and you are not using something like WordPress, then it is still easy to paste the code into your website HTML section. All you have to do is paste the code into each page of your website, or not a common border that appears on each page of your website. The code can be pasted anywhere in the HTML, however the best place is just before the closing code at the bottom </body> and </html>.
How to add Google Analytics code to your WordPress website?
First you will have to get the Google analytics code from the Google analytics website. Most WordPress themes now days have a section in their dashboard where you could just simply paste the Google Analytics code into. If you do not have this you can simply place the code into a text widget in your sidebar or footer and then your job is done. The code does not show up as anything on your website, therefore you can almost place it anywhere you like.
Now we need to place this code into a text widget in the sidebar.
1. Click on Appearance in the side menu of your website dashboard.
2. Then click on Widgets.
3. Grab a text widget and drag it into your sidebar. Mine is called the primary sidebar in the picture below.
4. Open the text widget by pressing the tiny drop down arrow.
5. Paste your code that you copied into the widget.
6. Press save.
The screen shot below shows where you can paste your code into a text widget.
Watch this video below to see how to add Google Analytics to your WordPress website. It also shows where to find the Google Analytics code because sometimes it is not that easy as it is a very detailed website to navigate.
What are the benefits of having Google Analytics code installed on your website?
- You can see where your website visitors come from and what they are coming to see.
- You can see which keywords are bringing your website visitors.
- You can see which pages on your website make you the most money.
- You can identify which links are clicked the most.
- You can check your website bounce rate on Google Analytics.
- You can identify which advertising space is more valuable.
- You can also see what operating system your visitors are using. This can be useful as people with older operating systems may not be able to view certain content like videos, or large images.
Using this information you can fine tune your website and keep it growing. It is easy to find out what your website visitors want when you are using Google Analytics code.