Building a WordPress website from scratch seems easy for me, however I have showed various students how to do this and it takes everyone at least 3 lessons to get it down pat. That’s not bad either. We are talking about creating a website, much like building a house, it can become a cyber property with true value.
When I finally woke up to WordPress I was amazed at how fast I could have a website (or blog) up and running. As you will see in the video below, I could probably get a WordPress website up in five minutes if I wasn’t doing a tutorial video at the same time. The thing is, I believe that anyone can do this and that practice makes perfect.
What do I need to start building a WordPress Website from scratch?
- Web hosting that has cpanel and fantastico so it is easy for you to install websites. I use Hostgator but there are heaps of website hosting companies that compete with each other. See some coupon codes below to get %25off Hostgator hosting.
- You will also need to buy a domain name. There are plenty of places to buy a domain name. You can buy this when you buy hosting or you can buy it from any other company and direct the name servers to your hosting. I use Namecheap but you can use any name reseller or if you have a spare domain name lying around you can use that. LOL Am I the only person who has 37 spare domain names lying around?
Use Coupon Code MitzSave25 to get 25% off!
Watch this video to see how to get 25% off your hosting.
Build a WordPress Website from Scratch
- Buy website hosting if you do not have it.
- Do keyword research and find a niche.
- Pick a domain name with your niche keywords in it or something that is obviously about your topic.
- Point your domain name to your hosting account. Already done if you bought the name along with the hosting.
- Go to your cpanel to add on a domain. See how to add a domain in your hosting. Already done if name is with hosting.
- Go to the fantastico icon in cpanel and press on the WordPress link.
- Install a wordpress website/blog.
The video below shows each step, even buying the domain name at Namecheap and following the steps after that.
See Part two How to install a WordPress website
Anyone can build a website by pressing a button as shown in the video above, but what about after you have the website and stall, what then? I have step-by-step videos and tutorials on how to build a successful WordPress website, not just put a website up and do nothing with it. You need to lay the foundations for a website correctly before anything significant can happen.
If you buy Web hosting using my coupon code, MitzSave25 I will give you:
- Step-by-step video tutorials on how to customise your website and get it ready for the world.
- Step-by-step video tutorials on how to make money.
- A step-by-step e-book showing customisations for WordPress and settings you must change.
- And more.
Hostgator Coupon Code – Get 25% off your purchase price
It does not matter if you buy a small package or a 3 year package, you can have 25% off the purchase price regardless. Use these Hostgator coupon codes to get a great discount. Why pay full price?
If you just want to purchase something small it is sometimes better to go for a straight $9.94 discount by using the following Hostgator coupon codes.
Download a FREE Step by Step Report – How To Start a WordPress Website
Tweet this to your friends I would really appreciate it!
If the video tutorial above was too fast for you I also have a free step by step PDF report showing each steps clearly with screenshots. There is no need to sign up for my list as it is yours with no strings attached.