Can you imagine building a million-dollar business from a mere $100 investment? I definitely never thought that this could even be remotely possible. I mean $100 does not buy you much at all today.
But hey, guess what? Turning a $100 investment into a million-dollar business is becoming a common occurrence on the Internet. Normal everyday people are building websites, with no great technical skills needed, and making atrocious amounts of money online.
The earnings may not always be directly attributed to blogging either, as most Internet entrepreneurs delve in creating their own products, creating membership sites, supplying services to other bloggers and many more ways.
I am one of those people that made that hundred dollar investment. (Possibly less) I could have easily just spent that hundred dollars by going to a fancy restaurant with my family, but I didn’t. Instead I purchased Web hosting and started my first website.
This was the major turning point in my life. I took the plunge!
This article is for those people that are sitting on the fence, truly wondering if all of this is true.
What exactly was the hundred dollar investment?
My only investment was Web hosting and a domain name. Even though I started building my first website many years ago, believe it or not, the prices have not increased. You can still buy decent Web hosting for around $7.95 a month and you can also still buy a .com domain name for around $10 a year. So these are the only two things that you will need to start your million-dollar business. The other things you will need are time and blood, sweat and tears.
You might have your own Web hosting and have started building a website, but you might not be able to see the million-dollar business potential. Don’t worry, because I did not see this million-dollar business either.
How do people turn $100 investment into a million-dollar business?
Lets get something straight right now. A million-dollar business does not happen overnight and involves a crazy amount of work. People used to roll their eyes at me when, in the early days, I told them that I was only making $1000 a month from all the work I was doing. (This was only my hobby then) They basically told me that I was wasting my time. Lucky I did not listen to these people!
One guy shrugged his shoulders and told me I was an idiot working for less than a $5 an hour. I looked at him and thought, what an idiot he is, I am not working to get paid per hour.
Now I do not tell people how much I make (exactly) as they might not believe me.
What did I do?
I built one really good website! That’s it!
When I say really good, I mean really good. Every day I tried to improve my website and move forward, even if I could only work on it for a few minutes, it did not matter because in the end it all added up. It started with an idea and one or two articles, and just grew from there.
I did this for a few years until I decided to sell my other real world businesses and do blogging full time. This made my online income explode.
Five things that you have to be to build an Internet million-dollar business:
- You need to work hard and believe that you will be rewarded in the end.
- You need to take failure and use it as a valuable experience and move on.
- You need to ignore negative people and also ignore the hype about making money on the Internet at the same time.
- You need to see your goal ahead and go and get it!
- You need to be patient while you build your virtual real estate.
Where to start?
Like I said, this big business does not happen overnight. But I can summarize some steps to get you started. Of course there are details that I cannot go into in just one article. For example, buying a domain name involves choosing a niche or topic to build your website around.
- Buy your web hosting and domain name
- Install WordPress on your new hosting account
- Customize your WordPress website
- Create your WordPress categories using related keywords
- Start adding related content and make it interesting
Here is a free report explaining all of these steps in detail. (No signup required)
Your first website might fail, but if you have the right attributes for this business, you will definitely see that failure as a good experience and move on. Most Internet marketing millionaires have many interesting stories to tell about their failures they have experienced, before making it big. There are many ups and downs but always look at the down times and know that the up times ARE coming.
How to make your website standout?
We all know that there is a huge amount of competition on the Internet but do not let that scare you. My first website was built for passion as I love working with computers and anything techie. Little did I know that my main competition would be some of the biggest websites on the Internet. Sites like Computerhope.com and Bleepingcomputer.com. But eventually I found my way in to the race. The real key was to develop your own website without copying your competition. The website had to have its own personality and just because one website is successful does not mean a copy of it will be as well.
Don’t get me wrong, I would study my competition, but I would always try to do something better or something different. It is as simple as that.
A timeline for a million-dollar business
Sorry guys I cannot give you a timeline to create a billion-dollar business online because you might be a slacker or you might be an extremely hard worker, so obviously the creation of this business depends entirely on you.
The website you are looking at right now started making money only after a few months of its existence. However by this time I had experience with building other websites and also new how to tell people how to do this themselves. If I had started a website about building websites back in the early days, my content would have been rubbish.
For a newbie, of course it takes longer to build up a successful business. For an experienced person like me, it can take as little as a month or even a week, depending on the resources available to me.
How am I building a million-dollar business?
I am building a million dollar business by building authority websites. Of course, as I mentioned above, there are many other ways.
Now people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them I build houses, one brick at a time.
- I buy land in a good suburb for my house to be built on. (Web hosting)
- I create a house plan. (Website business plan)
- I lay the foundations for my house and make sure they are solid enough to build a big house. (WordPress, easily expandable)
- I create the rooms. Like a lounge room is for lounging and the kitchen is the cooking. (categories)
- I add in the structure and the walls of the house so people can browse through the rooms easily. (Navigation)
- I make sure I finish the house with a nice design so it attracts people and makes them comfortable enough to stay. (Web design)
- I add furniture to the rooms that makes people want to stay and see more. (great content)
- I position pretty trinkets and gifts on the furniture so people are tempted. (monetizing)
- I give my house the personal touch so people know that it is my house. (branding)
- I keep my house clean. No one wants to enter a dirty house. (Spam free)
- My house is constantly changing. (Blogging never stops)
- My door is always open. (Ready for visitors 24/7)
I could go on, but I’m sure you get the picture. Previously I also related my blogging career to growing a tree in this article about building a successful WordPress website. I like to add a bit of flare to my articles just to see if anyone is reading them! LOL
The reason I am writing this article is to tell you that blogging can be a million-dollar business. It is not just for the blogging gurus that are famous as this can happen to you as well. You just have to work hard, be patient and stick at it.
Now its your turn..
How about you tell me how you are going to build your billion-dollar business online?