When you sign up to Clickbank and become an affiliate, in order to promote a product you will need to get a hoplink. Yes it sounds a bit silly but that’s what it is called. It’s really quite simple. If you find a product you want to promote on Clickbank you have to grab the hoplink, which is the link with your affiliate name in it. Therefore if someone clicks on this hoplink and buys the product, you will get an agreed commission amount.
How to create a Hoplink in Clickbank?
1. Sign into your Clickbank account.
2. Click on the marketplace link in the top menu. See the screen shot below.
3. Now you have two options here..To search in the search bar or browse the categories in the far left column.
4. Once you have found a product you like (see tips at the end of post) click on promote. See the screen shot below.
5. Another window will open. Type in your account nickname.
6. You can also type in a tracking id. This could be anything that reminds you what the link is because it will be hard to tell later.
7. Press on the create button.
8. See the screen shot below, the arrows are pointing to the hoplink. You need to copy this link.
9. It should look something link this http://283eca26un7o9u2ushlqcd0nf5.hop.clickbank.net/ You can use this link on your website.
10. The second link <a href=”http://a5e8dgu4vp7zcwbhqjqvc50n5l.hop.clickbank.net/” target=”_top”>Click Here!</a> has anchor text included and needs to be pasted into the html of your wordpress website.
Watch the video below to see how to use this hoplink in comjunction with a banner from the product you are promoting.
Tips for making a hoplink in clickbank:
- The more gravity a products has the more popular it is.
- Average $/sale is what you will get if someone buys the product.
- Average re-bill total means that there is a reoccurring payment like a membership website.