Learning how to grab those extra affiliate sales and earn extra money is very important for bloggers to master. You cannot simply sit calmly, watching a sales page lose sales gradually with age, without jumping up and taking action! I simply ignore how old and actual article is and if I see potential, I go for it!
Often webmasters are too caught up in creating new content and promoting that, neglecting the true money spinners, the old established posts. I am not saying you should not create fresh content, I am just letting you know that you can earn extra money online from the pages that are showing you they have potential.
Please note that this is a private post sent to my subscribers only. If you found this in Google search, please let me know what search string you used so I can optimize for that! LOL Joke, I will just explore the traffic goldmine in my stats. 🙂
First Tips to Note – Earn Extra Money Online
- Always check the landing page for your affiliate link code. Is it landing on a page with more information or a direct shopping cart?
- Make a custom affiliate link if possible. Clickbank allows this and many other affiliate sites do too. This is how I know I made 6 sales from this one link.
- Don’t be an obvious seller like a used car salesman. I hate cheesy sales people and so does most of your website visitors.
- Don’t spam your WordPress sidebar with affiliate links as there is such thing as WordPress sidebar etiquette you know!
Example of How to Earn Extra Money
It is easy to optimize an established post that has statistics to show than it is to do this with each new fresh post. Knowing the stats give you an insiders view which will actually tell you how to optimize your post for even more traffic and sales.
OK so lets work on this theory. People visiting this page accidentally are not generally the buyers. Therefore I am looking for targeted keywords to focus on.
In the video below you will see the actual post I have researched here.
Earn Extra Money with Extra Affiliate Sales – Video Tutorial
In this video I am using a real article I wrote about an eCommerce WordPress theme.
How to Find the Keywords That ARE Bringing the Visitors
1. Go to Google Analytics for your website.
2. Click on the CONTENT menu in the left sidebar. Then click on pages. See the screenshot below.
3. Find the page you want to investigate. I usually press CTRL and F on the keyboard so I can type in what I want to search for on the page. Just remember it might be on the next page.
4. When you find the page or post click on it. You will be taken to its details page.
5. Next to the “Secondary dimension:” click on the drop down arrow. As shown in screenshot below.
6. Now choose Traffic Sources from the drop down list.
7. Then choose keywords from that list.
8. Now you can see the keywords that brought people to this exact page.
I found that this page had very high competition but I was ranking for some longtail keywords that is the gold I was looking for. There are four keywords there so now I will use this to my advantage.
Now I will use Scribe to optimize for those keywords I have discovered. The keywords that do not relate directly to my article are not included in this optimization.
Earn Extra Money – Tips Shown in The Video
- Research your keywords. Minimum of 200 [exact matches] in Google keyword tool.
- Write an original and interesting review adding your point of view.
- Have an affiliate link in the first or second line of your article.
- Make all pictures link to the affiliate site.
- Make tracking unique links so you can tell where the sales are coming from.
- Promote each post when you publish it. Give the new post a fighting chance.
- When you discover a page is making sales, optimize it to its full potential.
- Use my top SEO tools to get the most traffic for your target keywords.
- Study any affiliate marketing tips you can!
Tracking Affiliate Link Sales
Here is a video showing how to make affiliate links unique so you know where your sales are coming from.
Lets Go Deeper to Earn Extra Money
- Lets promote this article once or twice a month with article marketing.
- Lets update the article to keep it current.
- Lets continue to backlink to it once a month. (Internal links on new posts)
- Continually check out the competition to see if your article is still got the best info.
- When the post gets old create another that will do a similar job and link to it in the first few sentences of the old post.
- Why not try some serious conversion rate optimisation.
Provide the best information you can, be honest and helpful, include relevant text links to your affiliate program within your great content and you’ll make a lot more sales. Then when you know a page or post is working…OPTIMIZE IT!