Now days there is a plugin for everything, but the EasyAzon Amazon WordPress Plugin is one of those must have plugins for the serious money maker.
Chris Guthrie sent me his new Amazon plugin to review, from a recommendation from Andy Bailey at Comment luv, however I do not take the time to review everything that comes my way. A new plugin has to be pretty innovative now days because it is usually a case of “been there and done that”, when it comes to plugin creation. This particular plugin caught my eye though.
I had heard about Chris Guthrie and investigated some of his methods to making money. What he writes about is all very similar to what I actually do so I know the guy is a genuinely knows how to make money online. He shares some very valuable information with his readers and this alone forced me to install this WordPress plugin to test.
Why bother with an Amazon Affiliate plugin?
I know there are many free Amazon plugins out there and I have tried at least four. I will not mention them as they either turned out to be annoying, more work than they were worth, or just simply junk. EasyAzon is different and it actually has some features that I have been searching for in an Amazon Plugin.
Lets compare Amazon linking options:
- You can use a link cloaker but I have noticed problems with this. Sometimes these links appear in Google webmaster tools and cause errors. It is something to do with Amazon.
- You can manually search for a link, copy the affiliate code, then paste it into your blog. This takes up way too much time!
What does EasyAzon do that other Amazon plugins do not?
- You get the search results on the post editing page making it easy to insert links.
- When you find a suitable link it is simply to insert.
- The links look neat but are obvious that they lead to Amazon.
- I have installed this plugin with 26 other plugins so it must be compatible with the most common WordPress plugins.
- Once you have found your link details, shortcode is placed into your post.
- It is GEO targeted! This means that Uk visitors will be directed to the product on the UK Amazon site. Us will be taken to US Amazon.
- EasyAzon makes it easy to insert images from Amazon. This is a pain in the bum otherwise.
Will the plugin earn more money for me?
If you are already an Amazon affiliate and make money online with Amazon then this plugin will earn you extra money. The first simple reason is that the GEO target feature will allow you to send the visitor to the right Amazon website where they will feel more comfortable buying.
This plugin will also save you time which is far more valuable than money.
How to use the EasyAzon Amazon Affiliate plugin?
1. Go to a WordPress post you are editing.
2. Choose a word you want to make into a link. Or simply click where you would like to insert your Amazon affiliate link.
3. Go to the EasyAzon Amazon search section.
4. Type in the keyword you are looking for. I like to copy the text first and paste it in here. See the screen shot below.
5. Now you have three choices on what type of affiliate link you would like.
In this tutorial I am going to press the Insert text link option.
6. After pressing to insert a text link you now can create your own Link text or use the text provided with the product.
7. Press on Insert shortcode and your link will be created. See the screen shot below to see the link I created. Simple and neat. The anchor text is there in between the shortcode.
This is what it looks like when the post is published.
If you press on the Insert Info Block option you will see this box below. The product will change according to your choice.
The time that this plugin can save me is worth it’s weight in gold. Also the fact that it is GEO targeted and just makes adding Amazon affiliate links to a WordPress post or page so easy.
Will I keep this plugin installed on my WordPress website? Yes of course! I haven’t seen a better Amazon affiliate plugin than EazyAzon. Be sure to check it out for yourself!