If you build WordPress websites and use Google AdSense to monetize them I have a few great tips to get targeted AdSense ads showing on your website. Building any kind of website is a long road, and if people tell you that it is easy, then they are lying. Building any WordPress website takes a lot of work, even though WordPress has taken out a lot of the technical side, there is still a huge amount of work to do. Building WordPress websites to put AdSense ads on is just as time consuming as building any other affiliate website.
Why get targeted AdSense ads showing on your WordPress website?
- You have spent all this time building your WordPress website so why not get the most out of targeted AdSense ads? Why bother showing ads that are not going to pay well or convert for you.
- If the AdSense ads are targeted then people are more likely to be interested in them and click. This is much better for conversions. If the person actually intended to click and was interested then the advertiser might actually make a sale. After all that is the name of the game.
- Another reason you need to get targeted AdSense ads showing on your WordPress website is because you do not want your website looking trashy. If you get the wrong ads will give your visitors the wrong idea about what your website is about.Having the wrong ads can give you the wrong image.
How to get targeted AdSense ads showing on your WordPress website?
#1. Good keyword density
Make sure you have the right keyword density for the keywords that you are targeting. If you do this right then Google will know what your article is about and serve you ads that are related to that. If you are getting ads that are not related to your content whatsoever, it might be your fault, as you are not using the right on page search engine optimization techniques. It it is not always Google’s fault when it cannot understand or pinpoint what your post is about. I like to have at least 2% keyword density and then have related keywords scattered throughout the post. This does not mean that you should write your articles for SEO only as they will probably sound stupid. Make sure you write fantastic content that is long enough to enable you to add all the keywords you need.
#2. The right back links pointing to your website
If you’ve done search engine optimization on your article with the 2% keyword density and the related keywords, please make sure that the anchor text in your back links are the same as the keywords on your post. Do not make up keywords as you go. It is okay to use different keyword combinations but you should research this in the Google keyword tool. This way you can target the keywords that will bring you the most traffic or estimated CPC. Also make sure the links with in your website also have a clear keyword pattern.
#3. Google section targeting
Google section targeting is a little feature that Google has provided so you can target the content that your Google AdSense ad will be related to. For example on my WordPress website’s I usually target the content of the post which is where all the content is. If you do not target the content of the post or article then Google will not be able to focus on related ads. If you have two sidebars surrounding your posts then Google might assume that the post is about something that is mentioned in these sidebars. To show Google which content to take notice of, you can simply add the following tags into your HTML.
<!– google_ad_section_start –>
This is the content you want Google to see.
<!– google_ad_section_end –>
For a HTML website you can simply place these tags into the HTML section. For a WordPress website you need to go into the single.php file in your editor section and find the section where the content begins. For some WordPress website is it looks like this:
#4. See who wants to advertise
Going into your Google AdSense account and seeing who your advertisers are and what type of ads they have will give you a good clue on what content to write. If these ads are totally not related to your website then I would not do this, however if they are, this is a great way to bring out the targeted ads. This will also increase AdSense earnings because the advertisers that you will see in your Google account have targeted your website to advertise on.
1. Login to your Google AdSense account.
2. Go to the tab that says allow and block ads.
3. In the left column press on allowed.
4. On this page you will see a list of potential advertisers for your website. Their ad will only show up if you target the keywords that they went for.
These are just a few ways to get targeted Google AdSense ads on your website. If you have any other ideas to add then please comment below.