- 5 Easy to Implement Conversion Rate Optimisation TipsPosted 35 days ago
- SEO Keyword Goal – Attract Customers NOT VisitorsPosted 117 days ago
- How To Add Amazon Affiliate Links Into a WordPress PostPosted 514 days ago
- Grabbing Those Extra Affiliate Sales – Earn Extra Money OnlinePosted 516 days ago
- How I Make Money Online With Worpdress Websites – Part 2Posted 550 days ago
- How I Make Money Online with WordPress WebsitesPosted 723 days ago
- Clickbank Affiliate Products that Provide Recurring IncomePosted 837 days ago
- How to Make Money Online in 2013?Posted 874 days ago
- Find a Product in Clickbank and Create an Affiliate HoplinkPosted 1250 days ago
How To Cloak Affiliate Links Manually Using PHP Redirect
Internet marketers and bloggers live and breathe affiliate links, weaving them into their content here and there, trying to make them look appealing. The best way to make your affiliate links looks good is to cloak them. This means that instead of having ugly links with all the tracking numbers exposed, you can cloak affiliate links manually using PHP redirect. Of course there are plugins that do this for you, like Ninja Affiliate ($1 trial at the moment) or Thirsty Affiliates.. They are both great plugins but if you like doing things yourself then creating PHP redirects is not that hard.
Cloak Affiliate Links Manually Using PHP Redirect
To cloak affiliate links manually using PHP redirect you will need access to your server. This is only possible if you have your own paid for web hosting and will not work on free blogs.
1. Logon to your server. Go into the root of your domain.
3. You can also put the PcMatic folder in another folder like tips4pc.com/go/PcMatic. This just means you make a folder named GO in the root, then go into that folder and make another folder called PcMatic.This way you do not have to overcrowd your root domain with new folders. You can put all of the affiliate folders into one neat folder.
4. When you are in the PcMatic folder, click on the create file icon and name the new file index.php.
5. Paste the code shown below into the file and save it. Make sure you replace my affiliate link with yours.
header( ‘Location: http://secure.hostgator.com/~affiliat/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=Mitzpantic-’ ) ;
Video – How to Cloak Affiliate Links Manually
It is much better to cloak your affiliate links because here is a perfect example why:
Uncloaked Link: http://secure.hostgator.com/~affiliat/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=Mitzpantic-
Cloaked Link: http://letsbuildwebsites.com/Hostgator