- 5 Easy to Implement Conversion Rate Optimisation TipsPosted 5 days ago
- SEO Keyword Goal – Attract Customers NOT VisitorsPosted 88 days ago
- How To Add Amazon Affiliate Links Into a WordPress PostPosted 485 days ago
- Grabbing Those Extra Affiliate Sales – Earn Extra Money OnlinePosted 486 days ago
- How I Make Money Online With Worpdress Websites – Part 2Posted 521 days ago
- How I Make Money Online with WordPress WebsitesPosted 693 days ago
- Clickbank Affiliate Products that Provide Recurring IncomePosted 808 days ago
- How to Make Money Online in 2013?Posted 845 days ago
- Find a Product in Clickbank and Create an Affiliate HoplinkPosted 1220 days ago
WordPress Tutorial – How to Install WordPress
This WordPress tutorial will be a complete step-by-step guide on how to install WordPress on your own hosting. Please note that to install WordPress on Web hosting you have paid for it is completely different to installing a free WordPress blog. Unfortunately, I do not deal with free WordPress blogs as this website is about creating a business by building WordPress websites.
What you will need to follow this WordPress tutorial
- You will need money to buy website hosting that has Cpanel and Fantastico. Allow $100. Often cheaper depending on how much you buy and what discount you get.
- You will need money to buy a domain name for your website. Allow $12.
How to install WordPress on your server
#1. Buy a domain name
You have two choices here. You can buy a domain name from another company prior to buying your hosting, or you can buy a domain name when you are buying the Web hosting. It is definitely easier to buy your first domain name when you are buying your first Web hosting package as you can literally skipped the next step if you do this.
#2. Buy Website Hosting
A webhost is a company that is going to house your website. The webhosting service should be available 24 -7 as people will want to see your website at all times of the day and night. Do not make the mistake of hosting your website with the local geek friend if you are serious about making this into a business.
Of course if you are really broke you can go to www.blogger.com (Google owned) and start a free blog there. You can also use your own domain name to make it look like a real website.
But if you are serious about making a future for yourself you will invest a small amount of money in a professional run website hosting. If you want to install WordPress, you will definitely need to buy your own hosting.
When buying webhosting you need to ask yourself some questions?
1. Are you a beginner? If you are then you must get hosting with Cpanel and Fantasico.
2. Do you want to host more than one website?
3. Have you researched WordPress website hosting companies before you buy?
How much does web hosting cost?
Website hosting can cost anything from $3.95 a month to $100.00 a month. However if you are starting out I always recommend that you start on a low plan and if it all works out for you then upgrade later. After all that’s what I ended up doing. Of course this was after I wasted a huge amount of money finding the host for me.
Save 25% off your hosting costs now!
I can give you a 25% discount on Hostgator hosting if you use this coupon code: MITZSave25
So you can buy one month hosting or 3 years hosting, which ever you prefer, and get a huge 25% off your bill.
See the instructions below on how to use this coupon code:
1. Go to the Hostgator website.
2. Press on the order button for that particular package that you want to buy or simply just look at.
3. Buy a domain name or enter in one that you all have already bought.
4. Enter in your new coupon code (MITZSave25) to get 25% off your purchase price.
See the screenshot below.
5. When you see the preview of your order details you will see your discount. See the screenshot below.
It does not matter how much you buy as you will just received 25% off the total. Of course it is better to buy more ended bands when you can get this 25% off now.
#3. Point your domain name to your hosting
Please note that if you have bought your domain name at the same time you bought your website hosting then you will not need to point the domain name to your hosting. This is only for people who have bought a domain name previously and want to use it on your new hosting account.
Where to find your domain name settings:
- When you enter your Cpanel ( which is your webhosting home page) you might see the name servers listed right there in the left column.
- Your name servers will also be listed in the e-mail you get when you buy your Web hosting.
- This is what name servers look like: ns333.hostgator.com and ns334.hostgator.com
How to point your domain name to your hosting
If I bought a domain name from Namecheap.com I would log into my account and press on the domain name to manage the settings.
- You will see a link in the left column saying “domain name server setup”. Click on this link.
- Now you can check the box next to “specify custom DNS servers”.
- Fill in your DNS servers as shown below.
- Press save after changing these settings.
This change over may take a few hours, it all depends on the companies involved.
#4 Put the domain name into your website hosting
You only need to do this if:
- You have unlimited domain hosting.
- You have more than one domain name.
- You do not want to install the website on the domain you used when you bought your hosting.
Now that you have pointed your domain name to your hosting, you also have to add the domain name into your settings.
Instead of explaining this all over I will give you a link that will take you to a post on my website. This article includes a video to see exactly how to add the domain name into your web hosting. http://letsbuildwebsites.com/add-a-domain-name-to-your-cpanel-web-hosting/
#5 Install WordPress through fantastico in your Cpanel
Now you are ready to install a CMS (content management system) onto your web host. In this case we are using WordPress. In Fantasico you can install an auction site, forums, help desks, and most importantly, WordPress.
1. Sign into your Cpanel and scroll down to the Software/Services section. Please note that I am using Hostgator for this example.
2. Double click on the Fantastico De Luxe icon.
3. Fantastico will open. Click on the WordPress link in the left column.
4. Then press on New Installation. See the screen shot below.
5. Select your domain name from the list. If you only have one domain name installed then there will only be one choice. If you have multiple domains added to your hosting then you will have to choose the right domain. See the screen shot below for more information.
6. Leave the install directory blank if you want your install WordPress directly on to the root of your domain. If you want to install WordPress into another directory you can add the name of the directory in the box. For example if I wanted to install my WordPress website in http://mydomainname.com/blog then I would simply put the word “blog” in the box. That directory will be created for me. I usually leave this box blank.
7. Now you need to fill in the admin access data which will be the name and password you use to get into your WordPress installation after you install WordPress. This means that you need to keep this name and password safe and ready for you to login to edit your website.
8. The base configurations section is simply your nickname, your e-mail, and then the title of your website and the tagline. You can change these settings later if you are not happy with them.
9. Now you are ready to press on the install WordPress button.
10. After pressing on the install WordPress button you will see the next screen showing the details of your installation.
11. Now you will need to press on the finish installation button. Please see the screenshot below.
12. Now your WordPress installation will be installed for you. It will probably take a minute or even less.
13. If you would like a copy of your install details, enter your e-mail address in the box provided and press send e-mail. All of the details will be sent to your e-mail address. I suggest you store this e-mail in a safe place.
You can also watch this video on how to start a WordPress website from scratch if you are still confused.
Now you are ready to sign into your WordPress dashboard and start customizing your website.