If you are already a successful blogger who works when you feel like it, goes away on frequent holidays, and lives in your pajamas then I suggest you ignore this post. On the other hand, if you are in need of some blogging improvements or you are just not having any success, then read on. I have previously written articles about excuses why your blog is failing and other many FAQ’s for new WordPress website builder’s. I guess it would be helpful to read all of these, as well is the information below.
The benefits of treating your blogging like a business?
There are a number of benefits to treating your blogging and website building like a business. Of course the main one would be to maintain a high standard of motivation and focus. This job has many distractions and side tracks waving us in the face constantly. Put your blinkers on, your head down, bum up, and churn out some real work. Ignore the temping emails and sales videos. Pretend you are working for someone else and they are watching what you do.
Yes that means no long conversations on the telephone with friends in need. We all know you cannot type with one hand or concentrate on anything else but the conversation.
What should I do in order to treat my blogging like a business?
- Get out of your pajamas before you start work. If you cannot manage that then could you possibly get out of your pajamas before lunch time.
- Have your coffee and breakfast and then go to your office to work. Do not eat while you are working.
- Have a schedule to stick to. See my daily blogging routine and treat your work like a real job?
- Work steady, regular hours.
- Be strict on yourself.
- Punish yourself if you break your rules. Don’t be too mean to yourself though. 🙂
Work hard and go above and beyond your duty and money will come to you. Do not sit and wait for it though.
Ahhh stuff it…You’re a blogger…Do what you want. Enjoy your freedom!
Photo source: Fabulous after 40