Learning how to install a Google plus profile button on your WordPress website is something that you will need to find out how to do as soon as possible. Google plus has taken the world by storm, however what else did we expect from Google? They have provided us with the best free Google tools and just keep unpacking more year after year.
Apparently 25 million users have created accounts so far and of course the number is rising quickly. It actually took Facebook a few years to reach this milestone, however Google already has 180 million accounts, therefore making it a natural progression for users to create a Google plus profile. For example if you already have Google Analytics code installed on your website then this means you have a Google account which will also be linked to a Google plus account.
Once you have created your Google plus profile, added a few pictures and joined a few circles, the next thing you need to do is install a Google plus profile button on your website.
How to install a Google plus profile button
Of course Google has a Google plus profile button ready for you to install. All you have to do is follow these simple instructions that I have listed below.
1. Go to Google plus and log into your account.
2. Press on the profile link in your account.
3. Copy the URL in the address bar above. See the screenshot below.
It should look something like this https://plus.google.com/110894537307512569526/posts
4. Copy this part only https://plus.google.com/110894537307512569526/ only.
5. Go to Google’s Webmasters Profile Button section.
6. Enter your profile URL that you have copied in to the Enter profile URL section.
7. Choose the button size, see the preview on the right.
8. Then copy the code by selecting it and making it blue. Right click on the blue code and choose copy from the menu. See the screenshot below.
9. Paste the code into a widget for your sidebar. This is the most basic way to show the button.
As you can see, I have installed a Google plus profile button in my sidebar. Feel free to press on it and join my circles.
Here is the official Google Plus profile button pictured below.
You should also visit this post to see some cool WordPress Plugins that install Social media buttons for your website. After all, it’s all about getting social. These plugins will help you install the Google Plus button which is another story entirely. It is not the Google Plus profile button, it is a button to vote your web pages to higher rankings in the Google search engine. You can see one below included in with my social media buttons.
Do you plan to install a Google Plus profile button on your website?