- 5 Easy to Implement Conversion Rate Optimisation TipsPosted 3 days ago
- SEO Keyword Goal – Attract Customers NOT VisitorsPosted 86 days ago
- How To Add Amazon Affiliate Links Into a WordPress PostPosted 483 days ago
- Grabbing Those Extra Affiliate Sales – Earn Extra Money OnlinePosted 484 days ago
- How I Make Money Online With Worpdress Websites – Part 2Posted 519 days ago
- How I Make Money Online with WordPress WebsitesPosted 691 days ago
- Clickbank Affiliate Products that Provide Recurring IncomePosted 806 days ago
- How to Make Money Online in 2013?Posted 843 days ago
- Find a Product in Clickbank and Create an Affiliate HoplinkPosted 1218 days ago
How I Make Money Online With Worpdress Websites – Part 2
Firstly, I have written an article about how I make money online previously but I did not want to add this information to that old post. Although the information is valid still, I thought that some readers might not revisit an old post and I did not want them to miss this stuff. This is a crazy business, building WordPress Websites full time.
Now even though I make money online, it is not all about the money, because if you think this way you will burn your audience. I never push a sale as I hate pushy sales people! I like to get involved with affiliate programs that are so good they sell themselves!
I probably shouldn’t be releasing this information but I know that there are a million ways for me to make money online and I always keep my best secrets up my sleeve. (sorry about that!)
The Best Computer Software Affiliate Program
I have mentioned Spotmau software before but never said anything further. I have mentioned that it was easy to sell but that’s it. I am shocked at the progress I have made with selling this software and it is only selling on about 4 pages. I feel like flooding the computer related websites with this product as I think they know how to sell to people. Anyway Spotmau gave me some copies of the software I am selling now and I am testing them at the moment. Go and Join Now if you have a computer related website.
The screenshot you see above is basically for two months. November is when it started to click for me. Now I can make $100 in a day from this software. Not all the time though but this is just the beginning! I am pretty excited about this one!
Selling Hostgator Web Hosting
When I showed you guys the real life WordPress website case study I was using Commission Junction to create affiliate links for a site I had made that sold web hosting. Well that was fine but I realized that most of my sales were Hostgator web hosting so I decided to go through them directly to earn commissions.
It was a risk though, as Cj.com pays $100 straight for a sale, whereas Hostagor has a sliding scale. Therefore for the first month I only got $50 when I could have had $100. (Ouch!) On the second month I got to the $75 mark. If I had invested more time in this I probably could have done it but…I am slack. Then in November I just scraped it in for 11 sales to get $100 a pop. I still have odd sales of hosting in Commission Junction too as there are other hosting companies like Fatcow and Bluehost that I still get through there.
I didn’t make 21 sales but I did make 11 which will land me $1100.
Advantages to Selling Hosting Directly Through Hostgator
- You get to see what actual page the sale came from. All you have to do is hover over where it says link. If you press on it you will be taken to the page where the sale came from. This gave me a big fat clue as to where to concentrate my efforts to get sales. CJ.com will just tell you the website name only. (unless you create separate SID’s for each link)
- You can see the actual domain name associate with the sale. This is highly valuable as you can see the finished products.
- You can see if a commission is valid in Hostgator but in CJ.com it just disappears.
The screenshot below shows the details of my sales through Hostgator. I just got 11 sales which took me to the $100 level. Obviously the best way to sell something is to use it yourself and I have been with Hostgator for about 4 years now.
Making Money Online With Recurring Commissions
Again, I have mentioned how to find products on Clickbank with recurring payments and also how to keep making money from your blog even after it is sold. These are both great ways to make money online and it is also excellent if you want to do less sales and still earn money. So I am going to mention my favorite affiliate program again. Elegant themes of course!It is easy to sell and this you get a recurring commission if the person renews for the year. The program is so packed full of value that you would be nuts not to be a member.
Below you can see a screenshot of my total earnings for the year so far and I am hoping to get that commission next year on top of the new sales I make. Lets image that figure at 10,000 base for the year and growing. That is what I plan to do!
If you are a website builder (like building for other people) the Elegant Themes package is only $88 for a developers license and that includes all .psd files too.. Imagine how professional you could look when you build a website for someone using this theme collection.
That is just another way to make money from Elegant Themes. You do not even have to sell this program to make money from it as this is an essential “tools of the trade” item you will need. I would always include Elegant themes in my Internet Marketing Toolbox.
Ok I hope this information gives you some food for thought. Even though my primary income is from Adsense, there’s no reason to not experiment with other opportunities.