- 5 Easy to Implement Conversion Rate Optimisation TipsPosted 6 days ago
- SEO Keyword Goal – Attract Customers NOT VisitorsPosted 89 days ago
- How To Add Amazon Affiliate Links Into a WordPress PostPosted 486 days ago
- Grabbing Those Extra Affiliate Sales – Earn Extra Money OnlinePosted 487 days ago
- How I Make Money Online With Worpdress Websites – Part 2Posted 522 days ago
- How I Make Money Online with WordPress WebsitesPosted 694 days ago
- Clickbank Affiliate Products that Provide Recurring IncomePosted 809 days ago
- How to Make Money Online in 2013?Posted 846 days ago
- Find a Product in Clickbank and Create an Affiliate HoplinkPosted 1221 days ago
4 Cool Ways to add Social Media Buttons to your WordPress Website
Adding Social Media Buttons to your WordPress Website is an extremely important part of website promotion. You have to add the social media buttons onto your website so people can appreciate your content and easily share it with their friends. If you have not installed social media buttons then you are missing out on a whole lot of free promotion and neglecting the chance to enhance your social media profiles.
There are a few ways to add social media buttons to your WordPress website. One is to do it manually and the other is to install a WordPress plug-in. I have ventured down both paths and ended back at installing a WordPress plug-in to add social media buttons to my website. I have previously published articles about how to add a Facebook share button and mentioned other plugins to use. However now I have new favorites.
Why use a WordPress plug-in to add social media buttons?
- It is easy and quick and you do not need to know any coding.
- They always look professional and line up nicely.
- The big one is less stress trying to doing it manually.
3 cool WP Plugins to add social media buttons to your website
I have tested approximately 10 or more WordPress plug-ins that will add social media buttons to your WordPress website. Of course this does not make me an expert and I can only suggest these 4 ways to add social media buttons. I have previously added the code in manually for many different social media buttons which was a pain in the “butt” as each WordPress theme demanded different customizations. Now I have narrowed my choices down to the Plugins that look great, encourage shares, and do not slow my blog down.
I have also included one manual way for Thesis fans.
Sharebar – Social Media Buttons
The Sharebar WordPress Plugin is by far the best sliding vertical bar I have seen to date. It is so easy to setup and use and can be customized in a matter of minutes. I also absolutely love the look of it and I am sure it does not slow down my website in any way. In fact you will be able to see it to the left of this post. Please feel free to press on the buttons and try it out!
Socialize – Social Media buttons
I had a dilemma when I had to choose between this groovy WordPress plugin and the manual way I have mentioned below. Look how great this Socialize plugin looks. I just do not know why more webmasters are not using it??
- Inside the content (aligned left or right)
- In a box below the content
Take a look at the screen shot below. How cool does this Social Media sharing box look?
Sexy Bookmarks – Social Media Buttons
I have used Sexy Bookmarks and there is no doubt that it is cool, however as I do not believe it encourages sharing as much as the previous two WordPress plug-ins do. I am mentioning this WordPress plugin because I actually get a lot of questions asking what it is.
The fact that it is hiding is totally cool, but I think that having the buttons fully visible encourages sharing more.
The last and most obvious way to add social media buttons to your website is to do it manually.
Adding Social Media Buttons to Thesis Manually
I played around with code and wasted time, then stumbled across an amazing tutorial by Nicholas Reese on how to add social media buttons to thesis. I grabbed this code and changed it to suit my website, adding it to the hook below the post, and changing the CSS. I also added a Google plus one button in.
- Where it says $twitter= in the code you need to add your Twitter name after that like this $twitter=’wordpresswb’
- I also added the Google plus one button into this code
Of course I need to adjust this further and possibly take the email button out and add other social media buttons that will work better for my website.
Conclusion on Adding Social Media Buttons
The WordPress plug-ins are fantastic when it comes to adding social media buttons to your website. Sometimes you have to give in and install a plug-in, as I know many people are trying to build their WordPress websites without adding heavy extras. At the moment my absolute favorite plug-in for adding social media buttons is definitely the sharebar.
Another one that looks great but I have not tried is WP Socializer. Be sure to check this one out if you are still undecided.