Using Yahoo Answers to generate website traffic is a pretty good idea, that is until they decide to suspend your Yahoo Answers account in one foul swoop! Yes I have always recommended using Yahoo answers for website promotion but never again! NEVER!
My account was not just any old account. It was old and respected with fantastic statistics for the best answers. This was a genuine account and I researched and put a lot of time into the answers I gave. I am pissed off for wasting that time now! Some answers took 30 min to 1 hour to do.
Everyone Uses Yahoo Answers to Generate Traffic Only To Eventually Get Suspended
No I guess there are some that do not get suspended and you are probably sitting there with your awesome Yahoo Answers account thinking you are safe, just as I did.
But you cannot deny that there is always the risk of this happening. That is fine too, but we are humans and we deserve to get treated as such. Banning an account for no reason is just treating a human like they never really counted in the first place. Shame on you Yahoo!
Why Using Yahoo Answers to Generate Traffic is a Bad Idea?
- Anyone can report you. Even if you try to follow the community guidelines someone might think you are violating them and report you.
- Your account can disappear. You have no control over your account and it can be suspended and rendered useless at any time.
- You have no right to know why. Your account can be suspended at any time with anyone reporting you and no reason given at all. You have no rights and are not really a member of any community there.
- Your traffic is short lived. No matter what niche you’re in, your answers are eventually buried and become a useless waste of time.
- Spam lives on. Yes spam and crappy answers seem to rule whereas real people get suspended and shunned.
- Content is precious. Why waste time creating awesome content on other sites when you should be doing this on your own website. At least you have control over it.
My Conspiracy Theory – Yahoo Answers
Just think about this. Why would Yahoo want to actually really share its traffic with you?
Is Yahoo Answers really a community or do they knock out the accounts that are getting too far up?
Who are the real top contributors anyway? Are they just employees of Yahoo?
I always think about all possibilities but I am just talking crap here. You can think what you want.
Yahoo and Me
Well I have already said that Yahoo Answers was a great way to get some traffic to your website, that is true. But my mistake was that I had a genuine account that was at risk of getting banned at any time with no valid reason. A genuine account owned by a genuinely real person.
My plan now is to buy a few level two Yahoo accounts and become a filthy spammer, just posting useless answers that make no sense, but getting a link in at the same time. I will post 4 answers without links and the fifth will link somewhere. The accounts I use will be disposable and I will not care if they are banned or not.
I contribute content to many sites on the internet but from now on I will choose where I spend my valuable time more carefully.