Hands up who wants to rank number one on Google search for your chosen keywords? Oh only two people… I said “who wants to have their WordPress website on the first page of Google for their keywords?” Oh everyone does. Ok, now we are getting somewhere.
I have many strategies that I use to dominate the first page of Google and one of my all time favorites is using a Youtube Video. I can see you are pulling faces now. Can you stop detracting me? We all need to start taking Youtube a bit more serious. When most people think of Youtube a funny video comes to mind, or a funny blooper. Remove that thought from your mind and think of Youtube as a traffic source and a big pat on the back for your website. And when you get that big pat on the back from your Youtube video it will take your website closer to the top of Google for your keywords.
How does using Youtube video help a website rank in Google?
If you make a Youtube video using the keywords for your website in the title, that Youtube video sometimes has a better chance of ranking higher than your actual website does. You’ve most likely seen it. When you search for something, anything basically, there are the typical results showing. A few top websites, a Youtube video, maybe an Ezine article, and then a few more websites. Has anyone else noticed this. It’s not always like that but you get the idea. Some Google search results might show a Squidoo lense or a Wikipedia page but Youtube is always close by.
Tips for using a Youtube video to improve your WordPress website rankings in Google:
- Go to Youtube and type your websites keywords into the search bar there. Find your competition.
- See what your competition is NOT doing and do that. Think about what you can do better than them.
- Examine how a competition video has got so many views. Study their SEO techniques such as keywords in the title, tags for the video, and words in the description.
- Submit an article to Ezine articles that is focused on the same keywords and that links to your Youtube video URL. Youtube will love that you are link building to their website.
- Make more than one video using different variations of the video title. This way you will have a better chance of finding the right combination of keywords.
- Social bookmark your video. Share it around on Twitter and Facebook.
So your Youtube video ranks well in Google, what about my website?
Under each Youtube video you upload be sure to have a link to your website in the description of your video. It has to be the first text you put into your Youtube video description. This link will bring you traffic to your website, but it will also show Google that the keywords of this popular video is related to your website. Everything you do should end up at your website. So the Ezine article you posted earlier with a link to your Youtube video, which in turns points to your website can only benefit your website rankings. See the screen shot below. You can see the link to my website where the red arrow is pointing. It is the first link you see and people have a habit of clicking.
In this video tutorial below I ramble on about what video I should make for my keywords and some strategies I might use to get better rankings in Google.
If you are interested in seeing the results of this challenge please let me know by commenting below.