Why should you build websites using WordPress? If you are asking this question, then you must be either contemplating switching to WordPress or building a new WordPress Website from scratch.
We can see daily, hundreds of companies opening for business in various different places all over the world. These businesses have realized that it is better to build websites and publish their news online, rather than pay high prices for ineffective, outdated media methods. By building a website for a business, along with managed social media profiles and reputation management, this is the fastest way to grow a new business.
Software that is available today on the web help both individuals and businesses with various ways to build websites, blogs, or social media profiles. WordPress is one of the most highly regarded content management systems that can enable you to create attractive websites and blogs for almost next to 0 cost. This web software is both free and absolutely priceless.
Build Websites Using WordPress – The History
The first version of WordPress Content management system software was introduced in the year 2003. This version was associated with only a single bit of the code in order to enhance the typography of the daily writings. In the beginning, there were only limited users of this WordPress software and as the days went on, it has grown to be the biggest self-hosted blogging tool in the world.
Hundreds of software engineers volunteered to work on the core software as one of the largest open source projects and now the software’s claim to fame is that it has been “built by a community, for the community”.
Build Websites Using WordPress – Today
You can now find thousands of themes and plugins that are available and solely developed to build websites using WordPress. If you go to WordPress.org you can download the software for free. It also now comes standard in most Web hosting Control Panel’s. For example you can push a few buttons in Hostgator cpanel hosting and install WordPress in minutes. Today, this website software is being used by more than 25 million people all around the globe. Of course I build all of my website on WordPress and would not use anything else!
Why build websites using WordPress?
WordPress web software has always surprised its users with the release of stable latest versions with more advantages when compared with the previous released versions. Such latest versions of this software are released in two formats along with the complete information about these versions in the concerned links.
Here are some great reasons why you should use WordPress to build websites:
- When building websites the installation process of this software is extremely easy and only takes about 4-5 minutes.
- The installation process along with the facilities that are available under this web software will be stated elaborately in the available handy manuals under the concerned links of this software. The experts of this software will always be ready to volunteer their time to help you get the most of your blog.
- You can find about 1300 to 1500 different top WordPress themes listed and available for free on the WordPress.org website. The themes include the titles such as Evolve, Adventure Journal, Suffusion, zBench, Toolbox, Easel, Liquorice, LightWord, Caroline, News, and Twenty Ten and so on. New themes are added daily.
- There are thousands of free plug-ins to go with your website which enable you to add amazing features to your WordPress website. For example you can get a related posts plug-in, a search engine optimization plug-in, an antispam comment plug-in, and so on.
- There are so many people using WordPress to build websites with, that it is impossible for it ever to die. This means that you will continually have a new plug-ins and themes for your WordPress websites.
- There is no shortage of tutorials on the Internet, all for free, on how to use WordPress to build websites with. In fact we have a complete WordPress Website Basics section that will help you build your website for free.
Of course there are many other reasons why you should build websites using WordPress and we would love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Notes on why you should build websites using WordPress:
- It is the best and easiest content management system to use.
- WordPress.com and WordPress.org are not the same thing.
Now you know why you should build websites using WordPress!