When you start making websites and are trying to make a living from it, you soon realize that many hands make light work. This obviously applies to any number of businesses, however a new market has opened in the internet world. The reason for this is a simple matter of economics and convenience. A house wife in the USA can work online for a webmaster in Australia and earn a decent income without even leaving home. That’s the convenience part, the economics part is that people working online will not charge the same price per hour as a person required to attend a job in person.
There are countless people from all over the world offering online services such as content writing, blog maintenance, SEO, and more. The question is, “why isn’t every webmaster using these outsourcing services”?
Reasons why webmasters are not outsourcing work for their websites:
- They don’t know where to start. How do you begin to teach someone over the internet how to do a job. Even writing a job advert is not an easy task. I found that if you do not mention the things you do not want and be clear, your worst nightmares will happen.
- They don’t want to manage people or they do not know how. This is not an easy task, managing workers, and it is even harder if they are from another country.They interpret everything in a different way and you have to explain things in a simple language.
- They don’t trust anyone with their business. Often webmasters think that they will not find anyone to the job as good as they do.
- They think good workers are too hard to find. Hmmm. This is true, and if you find a good worker on your first try then you are in luck.
- They think its too expensive. Outsourcing is not expensive, in fact it can be so darn cheap, it can make you feel guilty. But there is that old saying, “you get what you pay for”. Be careful of that one.
- They have no idea that this is even possible. Who would have ever thought we would be employing people in other countries to help us in our online business? I can’t believe how times have changed.
- They are not experienced in outsourcing. Well this is a bit obvious. Of course a newbie would be dubious about hiring someone for a job over the internet.
Where do I go to hire an outsource worker?
There are so many websites that are free for you to post a job ad on. Applicants reply and you interview them for the job. I have tried many websites and have found Elance the most user friendly. i have also had the most success there. I have also used Odesk but I do not like this as much.
I usually get people to write articles for some of my smaller niche websites as there is no way I could supply all the websites I have.